Radical by David Platt - study guide
1. Explain David Platt's (henceforth referred to as D.P.) uneasiness about being referred to as the "youngest megachurch pastor in history."
2. What were the 2 questions he had to ask himself and that we have to ask ourselves? (pg.3)
3. When D.P. came back from his trip overseas , his conclusion was that in America "we are settling for a Christianity that revolves around ________ to ________ when the central message of Christianity is actually about _________ __________." (pg 7)
4. Read Luke 9:57-62. What were the 3 ways Jesus talked people out of following Him?
Read Luke 14:25-33. What were 3 more ways Jesus talked people out of following Him?
Read John 6:53. How did he talk these people out of following Him?
Read Mark 10:21. How did He talk this person out of following Him?
Read Mark 1:16-20. How did He unsuccessfully try to talk these disciples out of following Him?
5. Read Psalms 50:21.What is the danger when we say,"Jesus didn't really mean that like it sounds."?
6. What is the cost of our non-discipleship to the rest of the world?